Are any of you planning a baby shower for someone special any time soon? If so you are just going to LOVE this post! I recently had the pleasure to photograph the most adorable Tea Party Baby shower for a fabulous mom to be named Abena. Her sisters, family and friends put on a great party!
Every guest was given these sweet tea cups with heart shaped saucers. Not only did were these for sipping tea during all of the festivities, but each guest was invited to take one home as a favor. They were ordered from Gourmet of Olde City based in Philadelphia.
A fabulous spread of every sort of delicious food that you might traditionally enjoy at a shower was provided by Cafe Louise in West Hartford Connecticut.
This absolutely adorable Baby in a Teacup Tier Cake was provided by Bolo Bakery right here in my hometown of Plainville!
I loved how many of the guests got into the spirit of things and donned hats and fasteners. What a sweet and fun touch!
Though the guests were all decked out in their best, none of them out shined our Mommy to be. Abena looks positively adorable with her baby bump! And as you can see, her smile just radiated and lit up the entire room!
The day was filled with lots of friends and family laughing, eating, and playing some spectacular games. I’m sure you can see that everyone had a really great time!
The highlight of any shower is of course the absolutely adorable shower of baby gifts. Who doesn’t love to ooohh and aaaahhh at all of the sweet, and tiny, goodies. Abena has two adoring sisters who were more than willing to assist her in opening those gifts. Let’s just say, this will be one very spoiled, and very loved little baby. It is abundantly clear that she will have the two greatest aunts in the world.
I’ll end here with is fabulous view of sisterly love.
To view more of Abena’s Tea Party Baby Shower please click the slide show below.
Afiya was kind enough to provide a complete list of all vendors for your reference.
- Caterer for sandwiches, lemonade and iced tea and most desserts: Cafe Louise in West Hartford http://www.cafelouise.com/ but the banana pudding and deviled eggs were made by my dad, Johnnie Jordan.
- Cupcake/Baby in Teacup Tier: Bolo Bakery in Plainville http://www.bolobakery.com/
- Heart-shaped teacup favors: Gourmet of Olde City based in Philadelphia http://www.gourmetofoldecity.com/
- Tea: mostly Twinings and Tazo brand which can be found in any grocery store but which I bought at Whole Foods http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ , but the specialty pyramid shaped ones came from Tea Forte: http://teaforte.com/
- Balloons and Decorations: Most balloons came from Party City http://www.partycity.com/ as did all of the tablecloths and the balloon weights, but the onesie balloon came from Big Dot of Happiness http://www.bigdotofhappiness.com/. Andrea made the diaper cupcakes for the tables. I designed and applied the labels to the sugar houses and brewed bag bins, but I purchased all of the containers from http://www.containerstore.com/welcome.htm (They really need this franchise in CT by the way!)
- The banner was made by Shindigz http://shindigz.com/ based on a design from my friend Karen. You can upload your own pictures on there for the banners.
- The necklaces and buttons were from http://www.zazzle.com (The sash my sister wore was made by my younger cousin though so you can’t find that there but the materials came from Michael’s as below.)
- The bags featured labels designed and applied by me but the multicolored bags came from Michael’s as did the trinkets tied to each bag. http://www.michaels.com/
- All of the disposable plates, utensils and cold drink cups came from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/, except the disposable wine glasses which came from Party City.