Friday again! How did that happen? The weeks just fly by don’t they? The busier you are the faster it all seems to race away. I really am trying to find the time to stop and smell the proverbial roses as they say. I think I’ll try to choose one activity each week that makes me SSSLLLLOOOWWW DOWN! This week I took the time to do something I have been MEANING to do for a couple of months. Photograph MY OWN CHILDREN!
You know the saying, the cobbler’s children have no shoes? The photographer’s children have no photos! I’m always so busy photographing everyone and everything else that my own kid’s get a little lost in the shuffle. Joyanna is ALREADY 10 months old! I’ve got to do this while I still can.
Oh, and Mom.. don’t look… these are your mother’s day presents! (You all KNOW she’s going to look right?) Oh it doesn’t matter anyway, I’m just sharing ONE today! I’ll share another next week when I post about improving your photos using great light.
So let’s start with some NOT SO LOVES! Get them out of the way so we can end on a high note.
- I still can’t get the check from our home owners insurance cashed. It needs to be Fed Exed across the country. But FIRST we need to have a notary stamp it. Ugh! Like I have time for this nonsense!
- Repairmen who act like they can’t be bothered. Look buddy, if this job is too much of a pain for you I can always take my work and my money someplace else!
- When I go to two grocery stores looking for something simple and neither have what I want.
- Gas prices… have you SEEN THE PRICE OF GAS LATELY?
- Diaper rash, ok yes I wrote this one last week. It’s here again because our problem has not been solved.
Ok, now on the wonderful things! LOVES!
- I love love LOVE my new iPhone! This thing rocks! I can text like every other person in the world now. I can answer client emails and Facebook posts on the fly.
- I LOVE Instagram http://instagr.am/. It’s this fun way to share snapshots from your iPhone. I’m having a blast with it and probably getting a little carried away!
- I LOVE the sessions I’ve booked this week. Yeah me! Still crossing my fingers on that wedding I wrote about last week though.
- I LOVE the photos I captured of my baby girl this week. Ok so I’m biased. But I just think she is the most beautiful child!
- I LOVE my son Noah who completed the entire first level in his math program this week. Go Noah!
- I LOVE the couple whose wedding I am photographing tomorrow. Jeremy and Jen are the coolest. I consider it a true honor that they asked ME to document their big day. (A not so love would be the butterflies in my tummy. It is my FIRST wedding of the season. It is also the first wedding I will ever shoot where I know MANY of the guests. Please pray I don’t trip and fall and make a fool of myself. I’ll never live it down if I do!)
- Oh! Almost forgot another LOVE! I LOVE the 50mm 1.4 lens I’ve been renting this week. I used it to take the photo of my daughter below. This is on my must buy soon list! It is just DELICIOUS! I’m going to rock it out at the wedding tomorrow!
Have a great weekend everyone! But before I go, here is a quick collage of some of my loves this week! You’ll see my bride and groom, my baby girl, and my iPhone with an instagram photo. Take care!